When I was a little girl, we had a Christmas tree ornament that looked like this little elf made of early plastic. My parents bought it before I was born and it always hung on our tree while growing up. Now, it hangs on mine. So, I was delighted when I found this wonderful and rarely found Christmas elf carrying red and green ornaments for the tree, likely in Santa’s workshop, when vintage shopping along the western slope of the Rocky Mountains in Colorado.
This vintage brooch was made by the Napier Jewelry company. The marker’s mark on the back - “Napier©” in block letters enclosed in a rectangle - was used beginning in the mid-50s until the company was sold in l980s. While the Napier name continued, the trademark changed to a script style.
Tracing its roots to the l9th century, the height of the Napier Jewelry company is considered to be in the 1950s-60s. They were known for beautiful and well made pieces the average woman could afford. This is one of their l950s mid century ones.
This pixie-like elf is made of gold tone and has a substantial feel to it. The red and green ornaments are a faceted hard plastic. The elf measures 1.75” high and 1.25” wide. Overall he’s in very good condition, meaning better than average wear for his 60+ years of existence, including a strong and secure pin and clasp. However, he does show wear on his edges, particularly around his hat, nose, and belt (See pictures). Personally, I think that adds to his charm. The pictures offer greater perspective on the vintage condition and Christmas charm of this little Santa elf pin.
If you need something quickly or shipped internationally, contact me.
*** I SHIP TO MANY COUNTRIES *** TYPICALLY I CAN EXPEDITE SHIPPING
1-2 business days
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 21 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
1. Collection of Personal Information – To fulfill your order, there is information that is needed, and that you authorized Etsy to provide to my shop. This includes information such as your name, email address, shipping address, payment amount, and product selection. You might also provide information related to the sending of a gift, or if you contact me directly with questions or a special request.
2. Why Information Is Needed and How Its Used – The legal basis for the information collected, used, and shared includes:
a. As needed to provide services of my shop to fulfill your order, settle disputes, provide customer support, or improve shop services.
b. As needed to comply with a legal obligation, court order, or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law.
c. If you sign up for my mailing list or other product alert information, which you can revoke at any time.
3. Sharing and Disclosure of Information – Twinkling Star Vintage abides by Etsy shop rules and regulations and may share information with Etsy as necessary to comply with shop obligations under the Etsy Seller Policy and Etsy Terms of Service. Other sharing may include:
a. Use of third party services such as delivery companies, only to the extent necessary to perform such service or resolve claims or track delivery.
b. Business transfers for selling or merging my shop with another business only to the extent permitted by law.
c. Compliance with law to collect, use, retain, and share your information if that is reasonably necessary, in good faith believed to be needed to respond to legal processes or government requests, or agreement enforcement.
4. Length of Time – Personal information is not stored beyond the period of time necessary to meet this shop’s business purposes to comply with legal or tax obligations, or your request for notifications. Typically that is 5 years.
5. Transfer of Personal Information Outside the EU – Etsy provides me, as an Etsy Shop Owner, with the information needed to process your order. I do not use any other service to transfer, receive, or store your personal information.
6. Your Rights – Depending on where you reside, you have certain rights in relation to your personal information, which may include rights to restrict use or delete your information. Should you have questions or concerns about how my shop handles your personal data, please contact me at email@example.com or via mail at Nan Russell, PO Box 70, Hygiene, CO 80533 USA
Some pieces I clean, others I don’t. However, the majority of items are presented as found. There are a variety of collectors and collectible pieces, and an equal number of opinions about whether a particular vintage item should or shouldn’t be cleaned or repaired. I err on the side of being conservative here, wanting you to decide how to treat your item. There’s plenty of information available online that will help you determine the best way to clean, preserve, or treat any vintage item.
All vintage jewelry items arrive in a gift box.