Whether you’re a fly fishing or outdoor enthusiastic, or love the vintage look captured in these late l940s or early l950s era cuff links and tie clip, or know someone who would, these are interesting and distinctively mid century vintage cuff links.
I found this amazing set, which looks like it was rarely used, in an indoor flea market in Fort Collins, Colorado. Not only are they in their original box, but the original insert is also there. That insert reads: “Hickok Jewelry is fashioned for style and service by Master Craftsmen. Mechanical parts are fabricated from base metals, chosen for functional strength and serviceability. Guaranteed for Life.” On the back is the style number 8595 along with patent numbers, the latest of which is from l944.
In addition to the Hickok maker marks on the box, the cuff links are marked on the inside stem, “Hickok U.S.A” in all caps and also on the back of the tie clasp. That mark refers to the Hickok Manufacturing Company of Rochester, N.Y. The company was founded in l909 by the great-great nephew of the legendary Wild Bill Hickok, S. Rae Hickok. According to the company’s history it was “once the largest and most respected mark of men’s belts and accessories in the world.”
No surprise, then, that the subject of these cuff links is an outdoors one. Set in gold tone metal, the face of the cuff links and tie clip is a hand wrapped fish hook with a red feather encased in what appears to be glass, since there are no apparent scratches on them as often shows up in later versions with acrylic. All three measure .75 inches in length and 5/8” inch in width. The clip measures 2.75” in length.
Overall the cuff links and clasp are in excellent vintage condition for their 65+ years of existence. There are few signs of wear with only a few light scratches, mostly to the back metal. The toggles work well and are a style called, “decorative bullet toggle” which came out and was popular in the l940s. The box is in very good vintage condition for its age. It has a small mark on the front and a couple light ones on the back; the interior maroon color is somewhat faded.
The pictures offer greater perspective on the mid century styling and vintage condition of these mid century fishhook / fishing lure cuff links and tie adornments. (Please note: I have a red camera and on a few pictures there is a shadow; not discoloration of the metal.)
.If you need something quickly or shipped internationally, contact me.
*** I SHIP TO MANY COUNTRIES *** TYPICALLY I CAN EXPEDITE SHIPPING
1-2 business days
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 21 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
1. Collection of Personal Information – To fulfill your order, there is information that is needed, and that you authorized Etsy to provide to my shop. This includes information such as your name, email address, shipping address, payment amount, and product selection. You might also provide information related to the sending of a gift, or if you contact me directly with questions or a special request.
2. Why Information Is Needed and How Its Used – The legal basis for the information collected, used, and shared includes:
a. As needed to provide services of my shop to fulfill your order, settle disputes, provide customer support, or improve shop services.
b. As needed to comply with a legal obligation, court order, or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law.
c. If you sign up for my mailing list or other product alert information, which you can revoke at any time.
3. Sharing and Disclosure of Information – Twinkling Star Vintage abides by Etsy shop rules and regulations and may share information with Etsy as necessary to comply with shop obligations under the Etsy Seller Policy and Etsy Terms of Service. Other sharing may include:
a. Use of third party services such as delivery companies, only to the extent necessary to perform such service or resolve claims or track delivery.
b. Business transfers for selling or merging my shop with another business only to the extent permitted by law.
c. Compliance with law to collect, use, retain, and share your information if that is reasonably necessary, in good faith believed to be needed to respond to legal processes or government requests, or agreement enforcement.
4. Length of Time – Personal information is not stored beyond the period of time necessary to meet this shop’s business purposes to comply with legal or tax obligations, or your request for notifications. Typically that is 5 years.
5. Transfer of Personal Information Outside the EU – Etsy provides me, as an Etsy Shop Owner, with the information needed to process your order. I do not use any other service to transfer, receive, or store your personal information.
6. Your Rights – Depending on where you reside, you have certain rights in relation to your personal information, which may include rights to restrict use or delete your information. Should you have questions or concerns about how my shop handles your personal data, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at Nan Russell, PO Box 70, Hygiene, CO 80533 USA
Some pieces I clean, others I don’t. However, the majority of items are presented as found. There are a variety of collectors and collectible pieces, and an equal number of opinions about whether a particular vintage item should or shouldn’t be cleaned or repaired. I err on the side of being conservative here, wanting you to decide how to treat your item. There’s plenty of information available online that will help you determine the best way to clean, preserve, or treat any vintage item.
All vintage jewelry items arrive in a gift box.