I bought this delightful modernistic style Christmas tree pin in Grand Junction, Colorado from an elderly woman selling part of her Christmas jewelry collection. When I returned home, I was delighted to find it featured on page 115 in Nancy Yunker Trowbridge’s book, Christmas Tree Pins.
The maker’s mark, © Mylu is on the lower back. According to the author, “Mylu was a branch of Coro Jewelry that specialized in holiday designs around l968.” She placed the value in the $65-75 range in 2002 when this book was published. Seven years later, the tree was highlighted in another book. It can also be found on page 59 of the Christmas Jewelry 3rd Edition, by Mary Morrison who, at the time of the publication in 2009, pushed the range for this collectible Christmas pin to $85.
Both authors comment on the unique modernistic styling noting it is “a wonderful abstract design” and “pushing the definition of Christmas tree.” It has a geometric, almost futuristic look to it, especially coming from the late l960s to early l970s.
This is a large brooch with cross-hatched branches that house twenty-three red and green multiple sized sparkling faceted rhinestones set in stars. The brooch is made in a brushed and polished gold tone metal, measuring 3.25” tall and 2” wide.
It’s beautifully crafted and in very good vintage to excellent condition, having been well cared for since its arrival nearly 50 years ago. The metal is bright and intact, the rhinestones shining, and the pin and clasp secure. This delightful Christmas pin is both festive and distinctive. The pictures offer greater perspective on the condition and beauty of this vintage Mylu Christmas tree pin. (Note: I have a red camera and on some pictures there is a slight shadow or reddish hue from it; not discoloration of the metal).
If you need something quickly or shipped internationally, contact me.
*** I SHIP TO MANY COUNTRIES *** TYPICALLY I CAN EXPEDITE SHIPPING
1-2 business days
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 21 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
1. Collection of Personal Information – To fulfill your order, there is information that is needed, and that you authorized Etsy to provide to my shop. This includes information such as your name, email address, shipping address, payment amount, and product selection. You might also provide information related to the sending of a gift, or if you contact me directly with questions or a special request.
2. Why Information Is Needed and How Its Used – The legal basis for the information collected, used, and shared includes:
a. As needed to provide services of my shop to fulfill your order, settle disputes, provide customer support, or improve shop services.
b. As needed to comply with a legal obligation, court order, or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law.
c. If you sign up for my mailing list or other product alert information, which you can revoke at any time.
3. Sharing and Disclosure of Information – Twinkling Star Vintage abides by Etsy shop rules and regulations and may share information with Etsy as necessary to comply with shop obligations under the Etsy Seller Policy and Etsy Terms of Service. Other sharing may include:
a. Use of third party services such as delivery companies, only to the extent necessary to perform such service or resolve claims or track delivery.
b. Business transfers for selling or merging my shop with another business only to the extent permitted by law.
c. Compliance with law to collect, use, retain, and share your information if that is reasonably necessary, in good faith believed to be needed to respond to legal processes or government requests, or agreement enforcement.
4. Length of Time – Personal information is not stored beyond the period of time necessary to meet this shop’s business purposes to comply with legal or tax obligations, or your request for notifications. Typically that is 5 years.
5. Transfer of Personal Information Outside the EU – Etsy provides me, as an Etsy Shop Owner, with the information needed to process your order. I do not use any other service to transfer, receive, or store your personal information.
6. Your Rights – Depending on where you reside, you have certain rights in relation to your personal information, which may include rights to restrict use or delete your information. Should you have questions or concerns about how my shop handles your personal data, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at Nan Russell, PO Box 70, Hygiene, CO 80533 USA
Some pieces I clean, others I don’t. However, the majority of items are presented as found. There are a variety of collectors and collectible pieces, and an equal number of opinions about whether a particular vintage item should or shouldn’t be cleaned or repaired. I err on the side of being conservative here, wanting you to decide how to treat your item. There’s plenty of information available online that will help you determine the best way to clean, preserve, or treat any vintage item.
All vintage jewelry items arrive in a gift box.