These butterscotch celluloid cuff links are from the 1910s – a time when according to Howard L. Bell, Jr. in his book, Cuff Jewelry: A Historical Account, “In the daytime, men might wear a tie-pin, simple Cuff Links, possibly a signet ring or a watch-fob. In the evening, they wore more decorative Cuff Links and shirt studes in sets of gold, enamel, lapis, jade or onyx.”
It is also the period when brightly colored plastics were being developed and used for men and women’s accessories and jewelry. In fact, when I first found these cuff links, I thought they might be Bakelite, which was developed in the first decade of the l900s, but they did not test positive for that material.
The cuff links are in their original presentation box which helps to date them as does the curb chain style linkage used for the double sides. On the inside lid is the name “ParkRoger,” which is the brand of Parks Bros. & Rogers, Inc. It’s a company founded in Providence, RI with salesrooms in New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles by l922. At that time, a Haberdasher advertisement for cuff links, used the tag line, “Distinctive Jewelry for Men.” They were in business from l892 to l930.
These bright celluloid round cufflinks are charming in their stylistic simplicity and beautiful craftsmanship. The face of the links has a silver tone metal dot that connects to the curb chain. The face measures 5/8” in diameter and the connector separates the sides by 7/8”.
Overall these l910s cuff links are in very good antique condition, with a few light scratches here and there. There are natural color variations to the material which adds to its charm and old world sense. After 100+ years, there’s a warm patina on the metal and still a vibrant butterscotch color. The presentation box is in good condition showing wear to the silk inner lining and center holder. The pictures offer greater perspective on the condition and elegance of these last century unique cuff links.
If you need something quickly or shipped internationally, contact me.
*** I SHIP TO MANY COUNTRIES *** TYPICALLY I CAN EXPEDITE SHIPPING
1-2 business days
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 21 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
1. Collection of Personal Information – To fulfill your order, there is information that is needed, and that you authorized Etsy to provide to my shop. This includes information such as your name, email address, shipping address, payment amount, and product selection. You might also provide information related to the sending of a gift, or if you contact me directly with questions or a special request.
2. Why Information Is Needed and How Its Used – The legal basis for the information collected, used, and shared includes:
a. As needed to provide services of my shop to fulfill your order, settle disputes, provide customer support, or improve shop services.
b. As needed to comply with a legal obligation, court order, or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law.
c. If you sign up for my mailing list or other product alert information, which you can revoke at any time.
3. Sharing and Disclosure of Information – Twinkling Star Vintage abides by Etsy shop rules and regulations and may share information with Etsy as necessary to comply with shop obligations under the Etsy Seller Policy and Etsy Terms of Service. Other sharing may include:
a. Use of third party services such as delivery companies, only to the extent necessary to perform such service or resolve claims or track delivery.
b. Business transfers for selling or merging my shop with another business only to the extent permitted by law.
c. Compliance with law to collect, use, retain, and share your information if that is reasonably necessary, in good faith believed to be needed to respond to legal processes or government requests, or agreement enforcement.
4. Length of Time – Personal information is not stored beyond the period of time necessary to meet this shop’s business purposes to comply with legal or tax obligations, or your request for notifications. Typically that is 5 years.
5. Transfer of Personal Information Outside the EU – Etsy provides me, as an Etsy Shop Owner, with the information needed to process your order. I do not use any other service to transfer, receive, or store your personal information.
6. Your Rights – Depending on where you reside, you have certain rights in relation to your personal information, which may include rights to restrict use or delete your information. Should you have questions or concerns about how my shop handles your personal data, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at Nan Russell, PO Box 70, Hygiene, CO 80533 USA
Some pieces I clean, others I don’t. However, the majority of items are presented as found. There are a variety of collectors and collectible pieces, and an equal number of opinions about whether a particular vintage item should or shouldn’t be cleaned or repaired. I err on the side of being conservative here, wanting you to decide how to treat your item. There’s plenty of information available online that will help you determine the best way to clean, preserve, or treat any vintage item.
All vintage jewelry items arrive in a gift box. Gift wrapping also available.